Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Harry Potter Survey Pt. 1

I don't know if you know, but I'm a pretty huge Harry Potter fan so naturally, when I noticed that Jasmine made a Harry Potter survey, I was like HECK YEAH. There is no such thing as too much Harry Potter in this world. Remember that.

Basically, how this survey works is I list a book for each spell that has either been casted ON me or BY me. If you're interested in participating, visit Jasmine's blog Flip That Page to get the details and join the Potterhead mission to rule the world! Yay!

However, since this survey took me a lot longer to do than planned, I have split it up into two parts. Part 1 is going up today and Part 2, later this week or early next week so stay tuned!



Reparo
fixes damaged objects
(a book that needs fixing)
---
This is without a doubt, The Recruit by Robert Muchamore. This book could have been SO much better if the author would have just paid a little more attention to his writing and storyline. Loved this book (and this series) nonetheless.


Lumos
creates a narrow beam of light
(a book that deserves more attention)
---
Every Soul A Star by Wendy Mass. This book was BEAUTIFUL guys. You have to read this now. I don't even want to look at you until you do. Go.


Nox
counters the effects of Lumos
(a book that is overhyped)
---
Divergent by Veronica Roth. It was good but not THAT good.


Accio
summons an object from a significant distance
(a book you're anticipating)
---
There are so many but one that pops into mind is Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins because I love her and I've been waiting for this FOREVER. Also, who doesn't want more of Josh (come on, we were all secretly crushing on him too in Anna!) and MANHATTAN. I have no words.


Alohomora
opens unlocked doors, unless bewitched
(a book you want to be more open about)
---
I would really love to be more open about Anatomy of a Boyfriend by Daria Snadowsky because it was a very good book. It was highly educational and really explored some serious topics regarding sex. But I feel most people judge the cover or the title or what it's about before even getting to it, which needless to say, annoys me. 



Expecto Patronum
conjures an incarnation of positive feelings
(a book that made you cry, or at least want to)
---
Don't groan at me when I say this: A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. I would definitely say this is his best book and gosh, it was SO SAD. If you've read this book (or even seen the movie), you'd understand.


Morsmordre
conjures the Dark Mark
(a book you wish to mark as one of your favourites)
---
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak deserves to be marked for sure!


Petrificus Totalus
petrifies victim
(a book you wish to keep forever)
---
The book I wish to keep forever is Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. This book changed my life and I will be darned if I don't have a copy with me forever.


Protego
shield charm
(an intimidating book you keep putting off)
---
Wicked by Gregory Macguire has been sitting on my bookshelf for three years and I have not lifted a finger on it past page four. Why, I'm not sure but somehow, I just CAN'T get to this book.


Riddikulus
used against a boggart
(a book with a deceiving synopsis)
---
Riddikulus must have been used on Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg because the title, not the synopsis (so I'm bending the rules a bit...) is totally misleading! In nowhere in this does Lexi partake in 'revenge' so where did that come from?




Lacarnum Inflamarae
shoots fireballs
(a book you wish to burn out of your mind completely)
---
Not to be mean but this is DEFINITELY Somebody Up There Hates You by Hollis Seamon. I have very little interest in reading a book about teenagers losing their virginities.


Wingardium Leviosa
levitates objects
(a book you wish to reread)
---
I wish to reread The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan because I can't deal with everyone talking about how good House of Hades is when I haven't even read Son of Neptune!


Avada Kedavra
causes instant death
(worst book EVER)
---
I'm sorry to say that this title goes to Populazzi by Elise Allen. Every character in that book was SO infuriating and because I'm a very character-driven reader, that is the WORST OF THE WORST.



And that's all for Part 1! If you want to read Part 2, check back here in a couple of days. I'll do my best to get it up in a timely manner.

Now it's your turn! Are you a Potterhead? Have you done this survey? And is there any spell you would cast on a book? 

No comments :

Post a Comment