Thursday, November 21, 2013

Bookish Radar (2)

As a book blogger, my bookish radar is always on. I'm constantly hearing about titles of books and while some of them don't particularly interest me, others so do. These are the books that I currently have my eyes on. I WILL READ THEM IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO. Inspired by On the Smugglers' Radar @ The Book Smugglers and Waiting on Wednesday @ Breaking the Spine




The Blackcoat Rebellion #1
Expected release date: November 26, 2013

For Kitty Doe, it seems like an easy choice. She can either spend her life as a III in misery, looked down upon by the higher ranks and forced to leave the people she loves, or she can become a VII and join the most powerful family in the country.

If she says yes, Kitty will be Masked—surgically transformed into Lila Hart, the Prime Minister's niece, who died under mysterious circumstances. As a member of the Hart family, she will be famous. She will be adored. And for the first time, she will matter.

There's only one catch. She must also stop the rebellion that Lila secretly fostered, the same one that got her killed …and one Kitty believes in. Faced with threats, conspiracies and a life that's not her own, she must decide which path to choose—and learn how to become more than a pawn in a twisted game she's only beginning to understand.




There has been so much talk surrounding this book and EVERYONE seems to love this which is total brownie-points worthy! I'm SO ready for another dystopia and Pawn sounds really unique and creative. I'm really interested to see how the political aspect of this book plays out. FIVE MORE DAYS BEFORE IT'S OUT, GUYS!
Released July 11, 2013

One part Libba Bray's GOING BOVINE, two parts String Theory, and three parts love story equals a whimsical novel that will change the way you think about the world.

Sophie Sophia is obsessed with music from the late eighties. She also has an eccentric physicist father who sometimes vanishes for days and sees things other people don’t see. But when he disappears for good and Sophie’s mom moves them from Brooklyn, New York, to Havencrest, Illinois, for a fresh start, things take a turn for the weird. Sophie starts seeing things, like marching band pandas, just like her dad.

Guided by Walt, her shaman panda, and her new (human) friend named Finny, Sophie is determined to find her father and figure out her visions, once and for all. So she travels back to where it began—New York City and NYU’s physics department. As she discovers more about her dad’s research on M-theory and her father himself, Sophie opens her eyes to the world’s infinite possibilities—and her heart to love.




I've waited for SO LONG for this book to be released and when it did come out, I totally forgot about it. And right now, it's 28% off which makes me really want to get the grabby hands out! But anyway, I think this book would be a really cute read what with the shaman pandas and list-making and the prospect of LOVE.


Expected release date: April 22, 2014


To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.



Jenny Han holds a soft spot in my heart because she was the very first Young Adult author I was introduced to after reading Shug which I really, really loved. And this book just sounds so DAMN good. I feel like I'm going to be crying the entire time while reading this because I just know that this book is going to resonate so much with me. Also, that cover is freaking gorgeous and why isn't it on my tumblr already? Gah, April 22 is SO far away.

Released February 12, 2013

It’s 1950, and as the French Quarter of New Orleans simmers with secrets, seventeen-year-old Josie Moraine is silently stirring a pot of her own. Known among locals as the daughter of a brothel prostitute, Josie wants more out of life than the Big Easy has to offer.

She devises a plan get out, but a mysterious death in the Quarter leaves Josie tangled in an investigation that will challenge her allegiance to her mother, her conscience, and Willie Woodley, the brusque madam on Conti Street. Josie is caught between the dream of an elite college and a clandestine underworld. New Orleans lures her in her quest for truth, dangling temptation at every turn, and escalating to the ultimate test.

With characters as captivating as those in her internationally bestselling novel Between Shades of Gray, Ruta Sepetys skillfully creates a rich story of secrets, lies, and the haunting reminder that decisions can shape our destiny.




I read Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys a couple months back and absolutely loved her writing! She's such a great storyteller and ever since realizing that, I've been interested in reading Out of the Easy. I haven't gotten to it yet but I really want to! I'm a complete lover of historical fictions and New Orleans is a place I haven't really explored in history but one that I want to!


And that's it for this week! What books are on your radar this week? Have you read/want to read any of the books on this list? Share your thoughts!

No comments :

Post a Comment