Friday, January 10, 2014

The 2014 Challenge Masterlist

I think I have a SERIOUS problem that involves me setting my standard too high and thinking I can do everything.

You've already seen the enormous wall of text that was my 2014 goals so you know how I can get carried away when I'm really excited for something. What you haven't seen yet is me miserably failing everything. Which is obviously going to happen, judging by the amount of things I'm putting on my plate. But of course, in classic Annie style, I go and add MORE things to do.

Guys, I swear I wasn't going to sign up for like a gazillion challenges. I was only going to do one or two but then everything kind of blew up in my face and I started seeing this and that and I just kept on saying I want to do that too so I signed up for like EVERYTHING. I'm afraid now that I have more than I can handle but I don't want to give up anything because I genuinely want to participate.

So since I've decided to stick with all my challenges and because there are SO many, I thought it would be good to create a masterlist to keep track of everything I signed up for and my progress in each.


2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Annie has read 1 book toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Last year, I participated in the Goodreads Reading Challenge as well but I did not reach my goal of 100 nor did I actually record any of the books I read through Goodreads. I was a bit disappointed to see the lack of determination I had last year so I decided to do this again this year! I'm keeping my goal the same and so far, I've only read one book. I'm not sure how I'm going to reach my goal the more I think about it but fingers crossed. Hopefully, I manage to schedule my reading time better in 2014!


I mentioned this challenge in my 2014 goals. I have a huge list of series I need to finish so I thought that it would be a good idea for me to use this challenge as my motivation. I'm aiming at 5 books at the very minimum but I'm hoping to finish seven or eight. And maybe I might even get to 12 for a platinum badge!

Hosted by Octavia @ Read Sleep Repeat.

The Series On My Checklist

  1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, Isla and the Happily Ever After)
  2. Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness (The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, Monsters of Men)
  3. Magic in Manhattan by Sarah Mlynowski (Bras and Broomsticks, Frogs and French Kisses, Spells and Sleeping Bags, Parties and Potions)
  4. Divergent by Veronica Roth (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant)
  5. Just One Day by Gayle Forman (Just One Day, Just One Year)
  6. The Chemical Garden by Lauren DeStefano (Wither, Fever, Sever)
  7. The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney (The Mockingbirds, The Rivals)
  8. Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson (Peaches, Secret Lives of Peaches, Love and Peaches)
  9. Gemma Doyle by Libba Bray (A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, The Sweet Far Thing)
+ Pretty Little Liars, Cherub, Series of Unfortunate Events, Children of the Red King, the Chronicles of Narnia, Robert Langdon, and Confessions of Georgia Nicholson



I discovered this challenge after reading Asti's post on her 2014 challenges. At first, I didn't know if I wanted to sign up but then I realized how giant my TBR is and if I could knock off a few this year, that would be amazing! I'm really not sure how many I want to read so I'm just going to jot down a few books I'm interested in and see where it takes me!

Hosted by Bookish.

The Books On My Checklist
  1. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
  2. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
  3. Please Ignore Vera Dietz by AS King
  4. Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
  5. Room by Emma Donaghue
  6. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
  7. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  8. Winger by Andrew Smith
  9. The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
  10. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
  11. The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
  12. The List by Siobhan Vivian
  13. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
  14. The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
  15. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
  16. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
  17. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
  18. Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
  19. The Diviners by Libba Bray
  20. Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield
  21. Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald
  22. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown



And thus starts the numerous Bingo challenges I signed up for. I saw so many of these going around last year and I'm really excited to be participating in one this year! Going through this, I've realized that I've already completed one of the squares. Between the Lines for O4. Yay!

Hosted by Kelley @ Another Novel Read.

B1: read a book you've bought but haven't read yet
B2: read a book recommended by a friend
B3: read a book that is out of your comfort zone
B4: read a book that teaches you something
B5: finish/reread a series

I1: read a nonfiction book you already own
I2: read a book you got for free
I3: read an ebook you already own
I4: read a book you are ridiculously excited for
I5: read a book about food

N1: read a classic from your TBR list
N2: read a 2013 debut you didn't get to last year
N3: FREE SQUARE!
N4: read a verse novel
N5: read a book you got signed but haven't read

G1: finish a series that ends this year
G2: read an adult book from your TBR list
G3: read a book by an author you haven't read before
G4: read a book that uses experimental prose
G5: finish a series that ended before 2014

O1: Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald
O2: read an indie book
O3: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
O4: Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer
O5: read a chunkster



I'm also participating in Anne and Kristilyn's bingo challenge. I like how it's less specific which offers me more leeway with what I read. Asti already did the calculation that you have to read 55 books to complete this so chances are likely I will not be finishing this. My goal is to have at least a few lines, like perhaps I, N and G.

Hosted Anne @ Creativity Corner & Kristilyn @ Reading In Winter


B1: Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald
B2: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
B3:
B4:
B5:

I1:
I2:
I3:
I4:
I5:

N1: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
N2:
N3:
N4:
N5:

G1: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
G2:
G3:
G4:
G5: Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella

O1:
O2:
O3:
O4:
O5:



This is the first Random House bingo card out of two. I discovered this from Chloe's site and thought it would be fun to participate. They're both quite different from the bingo challenges I've already signed up for so it'll be good for a change!

B1:
B2:
B3:
B4:
B5:

I1:
I2:
I3:
I4: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jolene Perry
I5:

N1: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
N2:
N3:
N4:
N5:

G1:
G2:
G3:
G4:
G5:

O1:
O2:
O3:
O4:
O5:



This is the Young Adult one which I'm so excited to complete. Because obviously I have a passion for Young Adult so I know I'm just going to have so much fun with this!

B1:
B2:
B3:
B4: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
B5:

I1:
I2: The Summer I Found You by Jolene Perry
I3:
I4:
I5:

N1:
N2: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
N3:
N4:
N5:

G1:
G2:
G3:
G4:
G5:

O1: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
O2:
O3:
O4:
O5:


And last but not least, the commenting challenge!


This is actually Asti's own personal challenge but I thought I would do it too because it's a great idea and commenting more is one of my goals this year too! I'm actually not going to be posting my progress on this page. Instead, I'll be making a section for it in my Reflect & Rewind where I'll link to all the blogs I commented on that month and you can check them out too!

So that's a wrap! Those are all my challenges for this year. I know there are a LOT, especially with all the bingo ones but hopefully, I'll be able to make good progress. I figure as long as I'm reading, I can't be failing, right?

If you have any challenges that you're doing, tell me! I would love the support and we can totally be each other's cheerleaders! 

No comments :

Post a Comment