Sunday, March 9, 2014

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Published December 31 2012 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking
Hardcover, 369 pages
Borrowed from library



Completely out of the blue, Louise Clark loses her job one day. With her family already struggling with money, Lou has to find a new job fast. And so she stumbles upon a job opening to be a caregiver for Will who's stuck in a wheelchair after getting into a terrible accident. But looking after him appears to be a bigger challenge than she expected. Will is moody and grumpy and it takes Lou everything to get him to warm up to her. But soon they find themselves enjoying each other's company and things change big time for each of them.



OH MY GOD. THIS BOOK GUYS. THIS BOOK. 

Don't shame me for squealing and crying and DROPPING DEM CAPS in this review because trust me, when you read this book, you will feel like I do right now, even though I finished this book two weeks ago. You will want to scream to the sky how fucking great this book is and shake your fists at Jojo Moyes for tearing your heart apart but at the same time, being amazingly talented. 

When I read the first page of this book, I did not realize how great it would be. It's a slow(ish) burn but once you start, Me Before You really kicks in. I honestly can't believe I did not read this book sooner! So many people have told me how great this book is and I, being me, just did not listen. 

OH MY GOD THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD I NEED TO BUY A HARD COPY FOR MY BOOKSHELF.

Me Before You is the BEST book I've read in a long time. Maybe two years.

The story was just absolutely wonderful and I loved how Moyes wove all the bits together so seamlessly. Will and Lou were painted magnificently - so genuine and characters that you can't help but love. They're not special in any way, they're normal people but they mesh so well together and Moyes writes in a way that makes them seem as if they pop from the page. The best part about reading this story is to see how Will and Lou change each other in such a short time. With each page and each conversation they have, it's like having a layer peeled away from their exteriors and so by the end, you're just so invested in these two characters and their stories and you just want to root for them so bad...

I won't say anything else because I don't want to spoil any of you. This is that kind of book where you must not flip ahead or search up for spoilers. Please, please listen to me because I am the type of person who always does that and I restrained myself from doing so with this book and it paid off. You really can't get the full impact of this story if you ruin the entire flipping story for yourself.



THE best book I've read in a long time! I can't even tell you how great this book is, as you can see by my stupid review. I honestly don't know how to put in words how good this book is so just trust me, PLEASE. YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK. If there's ever a book recommendation you take seriously from me, it should be this book. The story is so wonderfully woven together, the characters are amazing, the setting is amazing and in general, Me Before You was just so good. Really thought-provoking, really unique, really GOOD. I'm not a book crier but I had tears STREAMING down my face at the end. PLEASE READ THIS. PLEASE, GO AND FIND FOR YOURSELF HOW MAGNIFICENT THIS BOOK IS. IT'S AMAZING.



FREAKING EVERYONE.

**********


Hannah @ So Obsessed With says "Me Before You was funny, thought-provoking and sad. I thought it was very well-written, and it managed to be heartbreaking without being trite."

Christina @ A Reader of Fictions gives it four and a half stars: "I deem the buzz and all the positive reviews to be completely accurate."

Cassie @ Books With Cass gives it five stars: "If I had all the money in the world I would buy a copy of this for all of my readers and book-blogging friends and force it upon them. I would do this because there are so few books that you come across that stick with you. Forever. This book will stick with me."

No comments :

Post a Comment