Sunday, August 31, 2014

August 2014 Reflect & Renew


Well, August just flew by. And now, September has arrived again. Which means that I have school again. And there is nothing that makes me want to barf more than the thought of school. Ew. But first, let me revisit my last month of freedom by telling you what shizz went down with me.

what happened.

1. Went to the dentist. Which sucked but has to happen every year whether I like it or not. I just had a check up and a little cleaning which went well and I don't have any cavities which is good because there is NOTHING that makes me more uncomfortable than the feeling of getting a hole drilled in your tooth. It still wasn't fun though because the hook is like the worst thing on the planet but my dentist is such a sweet guy and makes it seem like the funnest thing on Earth. He's basically Barney except not a dinosaur.

2. Also went to the CNE. Which stands for the Canadian National Exhibition (I think?) and it's this carnival thing we have every year here in Toronto. This year was my first time going since I was five and it was really fun! Every year, it's all in the papers but I never go and this year, I finally went and it was amazing. But be careful, you're going to end up spending sooo much money because you just want to go on all the rides and eat all the food. Can't say it wasn't worth it though.

3. Again, I feel like I'm missing a lot. I'm sure I did more than just that this month. But I'm blanking out. So. Sorry for a lame recap. My life really isn't that interesting anyway so...


currently reading.

I just got so many new books to read and I'm SO excited to get to them but first, I promised myself I would finish Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan first. It is such a ginormous book with really tiny writing so it takes me forever to finish one page but on the plus side, I am really enjoying myself. Up next is On the Fence by Kasie West and Open Road Summer by Emery Lord!


highlights of the runaway reader.



what to expect in september.

  • A week-long break at the beginning, just so I can adapt to my new schedule with the start of school (cries in a corner) blogging wise. Obviously I'll have less time to blog so I'm thinking of taking a week off just to draw up a rough schedule of posts and have some drafts to go so that I don't have to do everything on the fly.
  • My wrap-up post for August
  • The August edition of Annie's Ultimate Playlist, and towards the end of the month, a very special themed edition!
  • A Bookish Radar for September
  • The Seven Deadly Sins Tag and the Emoji Tag
  • Reviews for Shadow and Bone, Torn Away, among many others


and that's it! tell me what you did this month in the comments. and stay tuned for another month filled with blogging goodness!

No comments :

Post a Comment