Sunday, October 12, 2014

20 Things You Didn't Know About Me

I wasn't tagged by anyone to do this tag but as you may know, I can never resist a questionnaire! And this seemed like a lot of fun especially since they're not all related to books and while I do love books (obviously), sometimes a little departure is good for a change. So let's do this!

20 Things You Didn't Know About Me.


1. How tall are you? 
I haven't been officially measured (like at a doctor's - that type of thing) for about a year now so I'm not quite sure how accurate this number is but roughly around 5'2". Which is good because it means I've grown over the past year! Although ideally I'd like to at least hit 5'4" so average height... If it's "let's be unrealistic" hour, then that number would probably be 5'8".

2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what? 
A hidden talent? Uh well, I can blow a double bubble provided that I have the right type of gum that allows for maximum bubble blowing. I can also catch food with my mouth and touch the floor when I bend down? That's about it honestly... Pretty boring, right?

3. What is your biggest blog-related pet peeve? 
My biggest blog-related pet peeve would probably be Captcha. Just not a fan at all. It's not something that will deter me from commenting on your site but it definitely elicits a little groan when I see it.

4. What is your biggest non-blog related pet peeve? 
When people misunderstand you. That is probably one of the most frustrating things ever. And I find it so annoying when people ask countless questions in a row. Like please, just stop. For the sake of my sanity.

5. What’s your favourite song? 
I hate this question so much because how does one pick a favourite? It changes always. Right now though, my favourite song would have to be I Choose You by Sara Bareilles, Esmerelda by Ben Howard and The Last Ship by Sting.

6. What’s your favourite Etsy shop that isn’t yours? 
Uhh... I don't have an Etsy shop nor do I have a favourite one. I kinda feel like I should though after this question.

7. What’s your favourite way to spend your free time when you’re alone? 
Watch television. Eat ice cream. Scroll through Twitter. And Tumblr. And Pinterest. And Facebook, if I'm feeling it. Maybe also watch some Youtube videos. Jam out to some music. Play the Kardashian game because of course. Read a magazine. Read a book. Eat something else. Maybe take a bath if I'm feeling up to it. Paint my nails. Scream. Dance. Shout. Sing badly.

8. What’s your favourite junk food? 
I don't discriminate against junk food, I accept them all. Okay but in all seriousness, my favourite junk food would probably have to be those fries from Costco. And all types of chocolate and candy and baked goods and sweet treats. I also have a soft spot for dill pickle chips and ketchup chips and sour cream and onion chips. And Tim Hortons Boston Cream donuts are the BOMB.

9. Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind and what are their names? 
I do not have any pets. And I don't plan on having any anytime soon. Because although I think it'd be super awesome to have a furry ball of cuteness to look forward to after school, I honestly don't think I'd be able to handle all the work and my parents aren't home often either so yeah... just don't see how it could work. It wouldn't be fair to my pet.

10. What are your number one favourite nonfiction and fiction books? 
My favourite non-fiction book would probably be Plato and a Platypus Walk Into a Bar by Thomas Cathcart and Daniel Klein. It's such an interesting concept for a book and it's where I get all my best jokes. As for my favourite fiction book, it's probably a tie between the entire Harry Potter series and Anne of Green Gables and The Book Thief.

11. What’s your favourite beauty product? 
I don't wear makeup often but when I do, it's usually mascara. I stick with the Clinique mascaras because my mum gets them in her complimentary bags whenever she buys their moisturizers but also because the wand isn't ginormous. My lashes are fairly short so ginormous lashes like the ones by Maybelline would not work. I also really like lip balms and lipsticks though they rarely ever look that good on me because my lips are always chapped. Nail polish is also fun especially white nail polish which is my go to. And I feel like if I were good at eyeshadow, it'd be awesome as well but I'm not...

12. When were you last embarrassed? What happened? 
I embarrass myself on a daily basis. And my brain does this horrible thing of remembering all the most traumatic moments of my life so sometimes I'll just be walking and I'll remember that moment and it'll play back and it'll feel like I'm reliving the moment again and it's the ABSOLUTE worst. So yeah, I have a lot of stories of embarrassing moments which means that even though I do embarrass myself a lot, because I have so many other worse memories, it's easy for me to shrug off the more minor incidents. The most recent one I can think of is not really a big deal but it was kinda awkward and it was when I, for some unknown reason, thought it would be a good idea to tell my English teacher that he looked like Thomas Muller. Yeah, it was a little awkward...

13. If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
Coconut water and coffee. That'd be all I need in life. But mostly coconut water because that stuff is SO GOOD and SO REFRESHING and SO HEALTHY but also unfortunately, SO EXPENSIVE.

14. What’s your favourite movie? 
Hmm, I don't think I have a favourite FAVOURITE movie but the last movie I watched that I really, really liked was The F Word so you should go see it!

15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist prep etc.? 
I'm still in high school and I'm honestly not sure at all. I don't think I have a specific thing. Like some of my friends are really into drama so I guess you can consider them drama kids and then others are great at art but me? I don't really have a thing. So honestly I have NO CLUE.

16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? 
I really like Toronto and realistically, I'm probably going to live here when I'm older as well. I just can't picture myself anywhere else. For a while, I thought definitely London but now I'm not sure. I think it'd be a cool place to visit but not somewhere I'd want to live. Really, all I can think of is Toronto. I truly, truly love my hometown and while I don't want to be stuck here for the rest of my life, I think I'll probably return after experimenting with some other cities. But then again, who knows what will happen?

17. PC or Mac? 
I've never had a Mac so PC, definitely! But I definitely want to look into a Mac in the future.

18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boyfriend/girlfriend? 
Uhh... I don't know about a romantic gesture but I can think of, like, nice things they've said? I don't know if that counts but honestly it was like months ago so I don't even remember that clearly. Yeah... no.

19. Favourite celeb? 
Dylan O'Brien. Taylor Swift. Emma Watson. Emma Stone. Jennifer Lawrence. Andrew Garfield. Eddie Redmayne. Gordon Ramsay. Ellen DeGeneres. Probably more that I'm forgetting...

20. What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with? 
Every single blogger I've met so far has been so sweet and kind so I don't know if I could pick just one when I really want to be best friends with ALL OF YOU.

---

So that's it for this tag! It was so much fun answering all the questions and hopefully you enjoyed getting to know a little more about me. And I won't tag anyone specific but if you want to do it, please do! I'd love to get to know a little more about you as well!

No comments :

Post a Comment