Friday, October 31, 2014

If We Were Having Coffee #2


So I've been generally a rather sporadic blogger for the past month and I'm so sorry for that! I love talking to you guys and I miss interacting with everyone. I've just found myself really busy lately and whenever I do have down time, I'm usually using it to finish the homework I procrastinated on (always) or doing things that don't require much thinking like watching TV or listening to music or surfing the web and NOT reading or blogging. So I'm sorry that I haven't been around. I truly miss you all so so much! I haven't created a game plan yet for jumping back into blogging more regularly and I don't know when that'll happen but I thought it might be good for me to pop in today since I haven't posted in over a week.

So hello everyone, I did not disappear into thin air! Just really busy but I thought I'd check in today and update you guys on what's been going on in my life.


If we were having coffee, I would tell you how I broke my phone. I dropped it on the floor - a really rough tiled floor, to be exact - and the screen cracked. I mean, that's the way things work but considering the number of times I've dropped it before and it survived (even on hard concrete sidewalk once), it was a LITTLE surprising for me. I'd gotten to thinking my phone was indestructible! Clearly not... I got the screen replaced this past week and now I'm going to be extra careful! My parents weren't as mad as I thought they'd be - in fact they weren't mad at all, more exasperated or annoyed - but I know if I were to drop it a second time, they would be and I don't want that to happen. But yeah, it's really nice to have my phone back and working again. I wasn't dying during the four days I went phone-less but it was rather strange and inconvenient when I wanted to call or text someone.


If we were having coffee, I'd start gushing about Taylor Swift's new album 1989. IT IS SO FREAKING FANTASTIC. I've been waiting and waiting for it and then it was finally here and I was so nervous it would let me down but it didn't. Seriously I just love everything Taylor does. This album is one of her best FOR SURE. Her vision was so clear and it was evident through the music and the packaging and everything. I also loved her lyrics and how she was experimenting more with her range like using her lower register more and ugh, just so good in general. So so good. Please go take a listen to it. I think I might type up a post soon (once I ease myself back into blogging) on 1989 and some of my favourite songs and my thoughts in more detail.


If we were having coffee, I'd tell you about how I climbed the CN Tower this month! It was actually three weeks ago but I'm still not quite over it. Probably one of my biggest achievements ever. In case you don't know, the CN Tower is this really popular attraction in Toronto and stair climbs for it are really common throughout the year. For some people, it's like this annual tradition. This year was my first so my time wasn't amazing but I'm still so proud and happy that I did it. It's really such a great experience though I won't lie, it really tested my muscular endurance. I was crawling up the stairs by the end but there was a poster I saw that really motivated me and it said "pain will be forgotten but pride will not." So I kept on thinking about that while I was climbing the stairs and I made it! Somehow... I don't know, the pain really was forgotten. But anyway, I did it and am planning on going next year again and hopefully get a better time!


If we were having coffee, I'd tell you about all the wonderful books I got from the library a few days ago! I just felt like I was so out of material for reading so I had my dad drive me to the library and I got books that I'm all super excited for! I think I might do a book haul with those books and some others I've received this coming week because I do want to make another video. I'm not sure yet... We'll see!


If we were having coffee, I would tell you about how report cards will be issued home really soon and I'M SO NERVOUS. I don't think I failed any courses but still anxious. Report cards are always a source of anxiety. Especially this one because it's so early in the school year that it's never an accurate representation of how well or how bad you actually do. My marks will probably be really, really inflated which is a little sad to think about. Like how my marks at the end of the year most likely will not match my marks now? Anyway fingers crossed for the best!


If we were having coffee, I'd tell you about how I got accepted into this TED conference for youths in Toronto. It's really really exciting! I'm so looking forward to seeing all the speakers in November. Slowly counting down the days...


If we were having coffee, the last thing I'd talk about is blogging. I've been having a really hard time with blogging (and reading) lately and I honestly don't know how it's going to go. I just haven't been feeling the motivation to blog at all and I'm not sure what to do so I'm going to wait and let it play out and then decide. I miss you all so much but blogging has just been really difficult to make time for lately and when I do sit down to blog, it's so strange because I haven't done it in ages and the words don't come to me at all. It's not natural. So I don't know yet what to do... I'll just sit on it for a while and see if I want to stop or whatever.



That's pretty much it for me right now. What's been going on with you guys? Tell me in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment